Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Along for the Ride
I am starting out this semester with a book titled Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen. Briefly, it's a book about a girl who is very academically smart who has a Mom who is an English professor and a Dad who is an author. They are divorced, and during the divorce she creates these unique habbits that she believes know one else has. When she, Auden, goes to her Dad's for the summer, she discovers many new things that she never had growing up as a kid including the talent of riding a bike. Along with her new experiences, Auden meets this guy named Eli. He, too, shares the 'unique' habbits that Auden has gotten into routine with. So anyway, I feel like I can relate to this book because my parents are also divorced and some of the little details of this book I can understand really well. It's a nice mix between adventures, summer teenage drama, inteligence, and family affairs. I look forward to finishing the book soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment