Friday, August 26, 2011

Currently

For the past week I have been reading from the book Along for the Ride, by Sarah Dessen. I read 150 pages from the middle of the book, since I started to read it over the summer.

I have concluded three sentences that I greatly enjoy.



1. " 'that if I'm going to go to this thing dateless, I could wear a garbage bag and it wouldn't matter.' "
- I think that this statement basically explains what goes on in a girl's mind preparing for any dance or formal event. If she doesn't have a date, she doesn't care what she looks like. Although, we all know that any girl does care somewhat what she wears to go out in public, never-the-less to a prom dance.

2. "Her face relaxed, changing entirely into something new, something amazing. A smile."
- This stands out to me because lately my life has been really busy and I have been stressing a lot. So reading from this paragraph, and this line, it made me think about why I have a crazy schedule and to relax at night when I finally get home, and to laugh about the stupid mistakes from the day. Not everything is so serious and hard core all the time.

3. " 'It's never too late to have a happy childhood.' "
- I like this because in my mind it defies all people at some point in their life after they've graduated from high school. It seems like every adult I've met does have a childness to them. Every one of them likes to have fun and go back to the things they did as a kid.

-Drum roll- My favorite quote/sentence for the week would have to be number 3 because I, too, enjoy having fun and doing outdoor child activities every once in while as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment